My child was put into an unsafe apartment with a cracked heat exchanger

When our child said that she found a nice apartment, I thought that was good news, and I suppose I was just so gleeful that she was starting university soon and that she was finally getting out of the house.

I didn’t suppose about the trouble she might be getting into.

I later received something that was certainly horrifying, however she said that the reason why her rent was so cheap was because the proprietor said something about the opportunity of there being a crack in the heat exchanger. She suggested that our child keep her windows opened by a crack! My child didn’t suppose this was a large deal because she didn’t even suppose what the heat exchanger was. I had to explain that if there was a crack in the heat exchanger, then that meant there would be a carbon monoxide leak! I told our child that’s why she said to keep the windows open to vent out the potential carbon monoxide. I had a specialist come in and test her heating, ventilation, and A/C method and sure enough, there was a carbon monoxide leak… Though undoubtedly slight, it was still dangerous to our daughter! I was furious and I had a undoubtedly heated conversation with the proprietor of the building. I threatened to take him to court to sue him because of putting our daughter’s life at risk while knowing the danger of there being a carbon monoxide leak. She provided and even provided our child her deposit back along with her rent that she paid, and after that I helped our child find an entirely nice up-to-date home that had a undoubtedly good working heating, ventilation, and A/C system. Even though it was a little more extravagant, it was definitely worth it because it was safe, nearby to shopping centers, and there was a gym in the building.


Further information on AC