When our child said that he found a nice apartment, I thought that was wonderful news; I think I was just so ecstatic that he was starting college soon plus that he was finally getting out of the house.
I didn’t think about the trouble he might be getting into.
I later received something that was actually scary… He said that the reason why his rent was so cheap was because the landlord said something about the option of there being a crack in the heat exchanger. He requested that our child keep his windows open by a crack, however my child didn’t think this was an immense deal because he didn’t even think what the heat exchanger was. I had to explain that if there was a crack in the heat exchanger, then that meant there would be a carbon monoxide leak! I told our child that’s why he said to keep the windows open to vent out the potential carbon monoxide. I had a specialist come in plus test his HVAC plan plus sure enough, there was a carbon monoxide leak, and though actually slight, it was still dangerous to our son! I was furious plus I had a really heated conversation with the landlord of the building. I threatened to take him to court to sue him because of putting our son’s life at risk while knowing the danger of there being a carbon monoxide leak. He gave in plus even gave our child his deposit back along with his rent that he paid, and after that I helped our child find a really nice house that had an actually wonderful really working HVAC system. Even though it was a little more extravagant, it was worth it because it was safe, nearby to shopping centers, plus there was a gym in the building.