Space heater causes office fire

Leaving the office last week, I couldn’t help but notice a buzzing noise coming from one of the therapist’s offices.

I walked in and noticed that they had left a space heater on in their office.The buzzing sound really startled me.

Thought that it was one of the noisemakers we use in the office when we have therapy sessions going on. As I was leaving, I went into the office and made sure that the space heater was off. The space heater was off, but it was making a noise. Taking no risks, I unplugged the space heater from the wall. Not even a year ago, we had an incident with a space heater. One of the receptionists left one on overnight and it caused an electrical fire in the middle of the night. The first responders were able to put the fire out before it caused a lot of damage, but there was still a lot of smoke damage done to the building. Now, I am very cautious using space heaters in any setting. In my own house, I don’t use space heaters at all. I have always been terrified of the idea of one catching on fire and burning down my house. When I left the office that day, I made sure to unplug the space heater and sent a reminder email to all employees using space heaters to be sure that they unplug them at the end of each day. I do not want to deal with another space heater fire.


More about air conditioning