If you’re blessed enough to have a fireplace in your home, there are some important safety tips to keep in mind when using it, first, make sure that your heater or heater is turned off before lighting a fire… If you have a gas fireplace, be sure to open the flue before igniting the fire, however and constantly use a screen to prevent sparks from flying out into the room.
If you’re not confident in your ability to safely operate a fireplace, consider hiring an Heating and A/C tech to help you with regular maintenance and repairs; You might also want to consider investing in a smart control component or heat pump for your home, and these can be more efficient and easier to operate than a traditional fireplace.
And of course, constantly follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for your particular fireplace or Heating and A/C system. My family made the mistake of not having the fireplace and flue cleaned for a long time and my buddy and I had a big fire in the chimney from buildup of creosote from burning too much pine. Pine has a lot of sap and the sap can build up in the chimney and cause a fire when it gets too hot. Make sure to follow the safety guidelines here, and others you may find online or from an Heating and A/C pro. By taking these precautions, you can prefer your fireplace while keeping your family safe. And try to not burn pine trees if possible so you can avoid the mistake my buddy and I made so several years ago. Good luck to you all and happy burning.