Neighbor’s lake house burned down because of mishap with portable heater

I was alarmed the other day when I heard a bunch of sirens plus I saw flashing lights outside.

Then I couldn’t feel it when one of our neighbor’s had their lake house going up in flames! All kinds of people gathered around the lake house while the firefighters were working to knock out the fire.

It was a devastating situation plus every one of us truly felt poor for our neighbors. Both of us were actually there talking with one of them plus they were on the verge of tears. They said they had all kinds of irreplaceable things in the lake house plus they figured it would all go up in flames. Both of us actually offered them room in our new home to stay while they were getting their new home repaired, but they said their new home warranty covered them with a hotel stay while they were getting needed repairs done. When I asked about how the fire started, that’s when my neighbor seemed to be actually embarrassed. He said he had a portable oil furnace in front of him while he was seeing TV. He said he also had a blanket on him. He said that when he jumped up to go to the bathroom, the blanket actually fell on the portable heater. The portable oil furnace just kept working until the blanket caught on fire. By the time he got out of the bathroom the blanket was up in flames plus the fire spread hastily. He rushed to get his fire extinguisher but the fire was spreading too fast for him. Then he shouted for everybody to get out of the lake house plus they called the fire department. I feel those portable oil heating systems truly can be dangerous.



Heating technology