One of the therapists in my office left a space heater on overnight one day last week.
I would not have known about the space heater being left on, but I was walking by their office late and smelled a burning smell.
Curious as to what this could be, I opened the door. To my surprise, this therapist had left their space heater on and running the entire day. It was very warm in the office. I also found this strange because there was nobody else in the office using space heaters. This person with the space heater must have brought it from their house. I am always weird about people bringing space heaters to the office because we had an incident once. There was an employee who was leaving space heaters on overnight and one night there was a fire. The fire was put out quickly by the authorities, but the fire was still burning and people don’t really think that space heaters can cause that much damage. I knew a family that lost their entire house to a space heater fire and they were not home. When they got home, the space heater fire burned all of their belongings and killed one of their pets. It was a very sad thing to happen because of a space heater.