Our fireplace needed major upkeep

My wife and I didn’t try to use the fireplace in our home until a couple of months after we bought the place. We were already moved into the house and all of the boxes were unpacked. I planned to light the fireplace on a cold and chilly evening. I decided to use a flashlight to look inside the chimney. It was a good thing that I decided to look inside of the brickwork, because I could not see any light on the other side of the chimney. I told my wife that we could not light the fireplace and we decided to use a space heater instead. I called a company that handles repairs and cleaning on furnaces and chimneys. My wife and I found out that the fireplace needed major upkeep. There was a lot of soot and blockage inside of the chimney and all of the residue needed to be removed in order for the fireplace to function without the threat of danger. The Professional company service technician spent several hours 1 afternoon cleaning all of the mess. When the guy was finished, both of us happily used our fireplace for the first time. The smell of chemicals was in the air for an hour or two, but it quickly dissipated and it was replaced by the smell of burning wood. The fireplace Is one reason why we decided to buy this particular property. There aren’t a lot of houses in the neighborhood with fireplaces, but it was on the top of our list and something we absolutely did not want to give up.
air quality